ΤΑ ΤΟΥ ΔΡΑΜΑΤΟΣ ΠΡΟΣΩΠΑ
- ΧΟΡΟΣ ΓΕΡΟΝΤΩΝ ΑΡΓΕΙΩΝ
Characters of the Play
- WATCHMAN, a slave of Agamemnon
- CHORUS of elders of Argos
- CLYTAEMESTRA, queen to Agamemnon
- HERALD of Agamemnon’s army
- AGAMEMNON, king of Argos (jointly with his brother Menelaus) and leader of the expedition against Troy
- CASSANDRA, daughter of Priam king of Troy, and captive of Agamemnon
- AEGISTHUS, cousin to Agamemnon, and lover of Clytaemestra
- CAPTAIN of Aegisthus’ guards
The Oresteia, consisting of Agamemnon, Libation-Bearers, Eumenides, and the satyr-play Proteus, was produced in 458 bc.
Scene: Before the palace of Agamemnon and Menelaus at Argos.The play begins with a watchman alone on the palace roof.